wardens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maelstrom

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World PvP- October Event.

Go down 
+8
Merin
Henryx
Deviator
Dragonscale
Alakina
Murhamies
Dielight
Perwoll
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What pvp event this month
STV
World PvP- October Event. Vote_lcap14%World PvP- October Event. Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Tarren mill
World PvP- October Event. Vote_lcap0%World PvP- October Event. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Crossroads
World PvP- October Event. Vote_lcap17%World PvP- October Event. Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
Halaa
World PvP- October Event. Vote_lcap69%World PvP- October Event. Vote_rcap
 69% [ 20 ]
Bone waste
World PvP- October Event. Vote_lcap0%World PvP- October Event. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Perwoll

Perwoll

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-08-20

World PvP- October Event. Empty
PostSubject: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Ok people, October is upon us. It's time to get the next world PvP event started. You have the list of events in the previous thread. Choose the one you'd like to see organised, and let's get going. Let's make this one even better than the last!

Date: The date for the event will be October 16th. This will give us enough time to mobilise the server and to get the fighting going on the event day.

What: 1 of the following possibilities. Post a message here with the event that you'd like to take part in. The one that gathers the most votes will be chosen for this month. The events are here: Event Description

If you have any other idea, post it and it'll be considered.
Back to top Go down
Dielight

Dielight

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:19 pm

works now World PvP- October Event. Icon_razz fixed it

did halaa and crossroads
Back to top Go down
Murhamies

Murhamies

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:54 am

More for halaa !
Back to top Go down
Alakina

Alakina

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:19 am

i voted halaa too...now since u boys takes such good care of me in PvP maybe i can step on the PvP "Crazy" Train a bit more and actually enjoy it ^^

Halaa is for me yet another mount to save halaa emblems for so Halaa it is.
Back to top Go down
Murhamies

Murhamies

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:13 am

Yes more for halaa =). Im going to take part on this one. if i have game time left. =)
Back to top Go down
Dragonscale

Dragonscale

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:07 pm

HALAA!! FOR DEVIATOR! FOR ZE MOUNTS!!!
Back to top Go down
Deviator

Deviator

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Dragonscale wrote:
HALAA!! FOR DEVIATOR! FOR ZE MOUNTS!!!

Tell me about it,if world pvp is halaa i maybe get back a bit sooner then i had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Dielight

Dielight

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:55 am

u can get a mount?
Back to top Go down
Deviator

Deviator

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:03 am

Dielight wrote:
u can get a mount?

Yes and 2 i think,u need halaa battle tokens and u only get those when u kill horde in halaa.
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:15 am

There are 2 mounts. You need 140 HK's in Halaa for both i think, which in a night of ganking is really easy to get. It seems like it's halaa anyway. I'll write a nice description in the weekend, and post it here and on the realm forums. Thanks for all the votes.
Back to top Go down
Henryx

Henryx

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 am

crap with you ppl, just when i got myself to stop wow for a time being you go and announce this pvp event

i suppose i should get back when we get near of this event grrrrr
Back to top Go down
Dielight

Dielight

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:54 am

raat pvpunks want to do a same event ( world pvp ) we have to hurry. perwoll get a move on. we make the idea and the setup and then we can coordinate it with pvpunks.
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:27 am

Aye Aye, sir! As soon as i'm done reading about the background, it's gonna come up here. Most likely tonight.
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:31 am

Nagrand. One of the few areas that have escaped the corruption of the Burning Legion. But where evil does not show itself in one form, it inevitably appears in another. Despite it's apparent purity, Nagrand has been the stage for numerous conflicts, be they economical or military. As the Shadow Council harvest the souls of the ancient orcs, and the Consortium attempts to exploit "The biggest diamond in the world", the true meaning of Oshu'gun escapes them... The ship that aided the Draenei exodus from Argus, known as "The mountain of souls" by the orcs. A ship that is at the center of both the orcs' and the draenei spiritual beliefs. As the orcs' ruthless attacks forced the draenei to flee once again, and the ancient orcs were laid to rest, Oshu'gun was left in the hands of unlikely exploiters.

But all is about to change. The Alliance and the Horde will once again stage a fight for the control of the area. Sitting on top of the central plateau in Nagrand, Halaa seems to be the perfect outpost for the dominion over Nagrand, and it's spiritual treasures. But Halaa will not be an easy capture once the battle breaks out.

<Wardens> invites you all to a new World PvP event, which will be held in Nagrand, on the 16th of October.
The Siege of Halaa will comprise of an evening of fighting in the central plateau of Nagrand. The rules are simple. The faction that manages to gain control of the area, and keep it for 10 minutes will be declared the winner.

To ensure that the event will be fun for everyone, we ask you to respect the following rules:
1. The Alliance will gather up in Telaar, at 20:00.
2. The Horde will gather up in Garadar at 20:00.
3. The event will start as soon as one of the sides clears the guards, leaving Halaa defenseless. Hopefully, this will allow both factions a fair start, having to fight to gain initial control as well.

It is recommended to wear a tabard representing your faction's colors(Blue for the Alliance and Red for the Horde).
We hope that everyone who will take part in this event will enjoy it. See you all in Nagrand!

Thanks for your time,
Perwoll

{If you feel anything else needs to be added, or taken out, feel free to let me know here. I want it to be as good as possible before putting it on the realm forum.}
Back to top Go down
Merin

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:34 am

10minutes seems short !
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 am

We could raise it to 15 mins. But is the layout ok?
Back to top Go down
Merin

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:39 am

yeah, it's look ok Smile
Back to top Go down
Dielight

Dielight

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:56 pm

what if horde has it. alliance need to kill all the guards til its defensless. but the flag is 100% horde. u need to bring it to 50% and then what? fight + lag in the middle until someone capped it. like they are gonna follow the rules. i think u need to think of something else. this is just a mindles battle in the middle. the part u need to kill the guards and retake it is the most fun. if horde has it, they have it. and defend. or other way around.
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:37 am

Ok. Then we'll begin with the side that has it on defense, and the other one tries to attack and cap the town. Though in this case, the 15 mins rule should not apply until one of the factions manages to cap it. Ex. allies have it first and defend for 15 mins. 2 mins later, the horde captures. This is when the timer starts. Is this a better idea?
Back to top Go down
Dielight

Dielight

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:51 am

so u want the horde to capture it within 15 min and the alliance need tp defend it for 15 to be declared the winner. i would say longer. 15 min is nothing. killing the guards costs so many time and then u need to cap it. while there is a huge fight in the base itself. some people can finually farm their badges for the mount. so no 15 is to few. i was more thinking about 60min. u have 60 min the time to cap it.
defenders and attackers benefit from this. battle tokens for mounts. normally there is noone in halaa and now we attract alot of people.
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:35 am

I was wondering about something... why are we so preoccupied by who wins or not?... it's not like anyone would care. Let's just take out the "winning" rule, and just have some fun.
Back to top Go down
Dragonscale

Dragonscale

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:04 am

idd. especially in these world events there actually no winner. It's just for the fun...and also the oportunity to kill Puro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:25 am

This will be the final text on the realm forums:

Nagrand. One of the few areas that have escaped the corruption of the Burning Legion. But where evil does not show itself in one form, it inevitably appears in another. Despite it's apparent purity, Nagrand has been the stage for numerous conflicts, be they economical or military. As the Shadow Council harvest the souls of the ancient orcs, and the Consortium attempts to exploit "The biggest diamond in the world", the true meaning of Oshu'gun escapes them... The ship that aided the Draenei exodus from Argus, known as "The mountain of souls" by the orcs. A ship that is at the center of both the orcs' and the draenei spiritual beliefs. As the orcs' ruthless attacks forced the draenei to flee once again, and the ancient orcs were laid to rest, Oshu'gun was left in the hands of unlikely exploiters.

But all is about to change. The Alliance and the Horde will once again stage a fight for the control of the area. Sitting on top of the central plateau, Halaa seems to be the perfect outpost for the dominion over Nagrand, and it's spiritual treasures. But Halaa will not be an easy capture once the battle breaks out.

<Wardens> invites you all to a new World PvP event, which will be held in Nagrand, on the 16th of October.
The Siege of Halaa will comprise of an evening of fighting in the central plateau of Nagrand. The rules are simple. The faction that manages to gain control of the area, and keep it for 45 minutes will be declared the winner.

To ensure that the event will be fun for everyone, we ask you to respect the following rules:
1. The Alliance will gather up in Telaar, at 20:00.
2. The Horde will gather up in Garadar at 20:00.
3. In the beginning, Halaa will start as controled by one of the faction. The countdown for the 45 minutes will start the moment it changes it's "owner" for the first time.

It is recommended to wear a tabard representing your faction's colors(Blue for the Alliance and Red for the Horde).
We hope that everyone who will take part in this event will enjoy it. See you all in Nagrand!

Thanks for your time,
Perwoll
Back to top Go down
Dielight

Dielight

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:45 am

The rules are simple. The faction that manages
to gain control of the area, and keep it for 45 minutes will be
declared the winner.

if the alliance are attacking the rule is simple. what if we are defending? we need to defend it for how long? doesnt say the horde need to take it within 45 min. they say they need to capture it and hold it for 45. when will it end for the defenders?? stil bit confusing
Back to top Go down
Perwoll

Perwoll

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:56 am

If the alliance are attacking, they won't win after 45 mins, because they can set up a proper defense, which will be unfair for the others. So, to win, you have to cap it, then hold it for 45 mins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World PvP- October Event.   World PvP- October Event. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World PvP- October Event.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next